Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Radio Show Inteview with Dawn Sinnott


My interview was about my own divorce experience and how what I went through may be helpful to others.

Dawn had asked what single word would describe my divorce and my answer was "Surprise!"

I was surprised as soon as I got back to my home, after my father's funeral in another state and some days there settling my Mom's financial matters.

I tried for a couple weeks to get us to counseling but we never got to try it. Her mind was made up.

So we hired an attorney to help us dissolve our marriage and near the end, I found out "our" attorney was just her's and not mine (she was supposed to tell me, but didn't--another Surprise!)
So, I had to check some legal/financial stuff with some other lawyers quickly.

We talked about how we would handle custody with the boys and I sided with my two sons' wishes.

We then discussed about the Serenity prayer and how it helps someone immersed in CHANGES!

And, we listed all the POSITIVE opportunities that this traumatic change can bring.

We then offered the specific positive sides of divorce that me, Dawn and others have found in divorce or separation.
Details are in the interview which lasted about 30 minutes.

See   Dawn at http://divorceasacatalyst.com/ and   http://mydivorcejournal.wordpress.com/

My interview with Dawn was aired on October 26th at 10am to 1030 am and should be available at the link below. Dawn's contacts are listed beow as well.

phone: (516) 825-0084


fax: (877) 208-5198

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dawnsinnott

Brian Daniel

No comments: