Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Getting Past the Downsides of Divorce is Key!

My great divorce recovery occurred because I quickly saw the downsides were keeping me down about my divorce.

Downsides of less money, too much lonely time, not seeing the kids or old friends, not knowing what to do next...sound familiar?

These downsides can keep you down too! Loss of self esteem and depression can be a quick realities.

For me, the Serenity Prayer's wisdom was a focus point. You can't change others, but you can change you and your options.

Knowing that you DO have the rest of your life and that you can DO whatever you want is a helpful positive side, yes? Start with that. Look at your possible opportunities in the future, maybe more good things to try?

Next thing you know, you are busy thinking about the many more GOOD things that may be ahead for you.

You will then start to see the REAL possible upsides of your divorce. You are going past the downsides now, it is more fun thinking about the upsides!

The front part of my book is about all of this. You can DO this!

Brian Daniel

No comments: