Thursday, August 23, 2012

My UPSIDES of Divorce?

After nine and a half years past my divorce settlement, it may be interesting for you to hear what MY Upsides of divorce are......

Better Health and Fitness -
I have lost 25 to 30 lbs, lost 2 inches off my waist, dropped my blood pressue 10 points on average, and my Body Mass Index is 22.9, well within the normal range now after being obese or slightly obese.
I'm still doing 100 pushups, 100 pullups, and 200 front kicks (kick-boxing) every day. I also do run-walks at 12 minute mile rate  and do other aerobic exercise about 3 times a week.

Still Dating Too -
I have had monogamous relationships with eight different women over these past years and my latest one has been the longest one too. I still felt the infatuation with each lady too, just like a teenager and have had no regrets with any of them.

Got a Hobby Second Job -
I have spent almost nine years now working part-time at a golf country club where I could earn some more money and play at golf for almost nothing. I have met many new friends and some business contacts too.

Doing NEW things -
Learning woodworking and making garage storage cabinets and then a winemaking room as well as a wine cellar.
Making and bottling my own wine using six different dry reds. I make 200 bottles or so and then take a couple or three years to consume it all.

Trying an Internet Business -
After writing and self publishing my divorce recovery book, I made and designed my own website, pay center, and doing my own Small Business taxes.

Doing Community Service -
I have been planting trees, helping with the restoration of public parks and propagating and supplying perennial grasses, flowers and shrubs for all the ten or twelve Habitat Houses in my hometown. I think I have been doing the Habitat Houses for seven years now.

LIVING EVERY DAY -
This upside of divorce for me was very important, enough to use all cap letters because it is part of all the upsides above and how well and how happy and satisfied I have become with my second chance at life.

You can do these things too.

Brian Daniel

No comments: