Monday, May 13, 2013

A Great Contributor To My Book Has Passed On Today

Dr. Joyce Brothers passed away today.

When writing my book, I found a few great articles by her in Sunday magazines. She had great articles about feeling infatuation again after divorce(my favorite). She wrote about love again and having sex again too. Her articles were short and very much to point and always entertaining.

She was the only author that did not require fees for using her material (that's why I have very few references!). I had sought out her agent and he said she would want to talk to me personally about my book. Her agent gave me her home phone number.

I called her on a mid-morning Saturday and was thrilled when she answered her phone. I talked about my book and her material and subjects that I wanted to use and she was very positive and encouraging. I asked again about any fees to use her work and she said no, but would be happy to contribute.

The chapters that contain her material are some of my book's best.

God bless Joyce Brothers.

Brian Daniel

No comments: