Friday, November 29, 2013

Did You Have a Good Thanksgiving?

I did and I hope you did too.

Even after 11 years of divorce, I still have the very slight stigma of a single divorced person showing up at a family event. Actually, it is very, very slight since some of their friends show up as a singled divorced persons now too.

But my bother and sister and their families make no mentions of the past at all.
It is no big thing anymore to them and none for me anymore too, really.

After 11 years, there are no more questions, no need to discuss the ex-partner and what they may be doing. And perhaps just a small disappointment to me, almost every year, that my children had no time left to come separately to where I was visiting, even for just an appearance.
I am careful not to show my disappointment to my children.
Moms have a slight advantage over Dads, I think, and it is common.

I did get to talk to everyone about their life changes, news in each of their families and told all of my retirement plans and my next life ambitions.

I don't regret at all to go there and will always go, as it is some slight healing that makes me feel better.

Brian Daniel


No comments: