Friday, February 11, 2011

Churches Have a Problem With...... "Yes, There Is an Upside of Divorce"

I haven't received much interest in my book from Churches of any and all denominations. And, I wasn't sure why that was the case.

When trying to arrange a divorce recovery workshop some time ago, I got two quick refusals from two local churches who had available meeting rooms.

When I asked them both why they were not willing to allow me to use thir meeting room for divorce recovery discussions, they both replied that they felt my book's title and my discussions were to entice couples to divorce.

Of course, I said that was not at all my intent or message, but they said they simply could not allow anyone to think that, intentionally or not!

I have in my book a recommendation to try and reconcile at least once and at all costs, because I believe not separating and not divorcing is best!

BUT FOR ALL THOSE COUPLES THAT DID END UP IN DIVORCE OR SEPARATION, I BELIEVE TAKING A POSITIVE APPROACH TO AN ALREADY "DONE DEAL" IS THE BEST WAY TO MORE SUCCESSFULLY AND QUICKLY RECOVER.

Perhaps, a better title (albeit an even longer title) would be --
"Well, If You Already Have Divorced, Yes, There Is an Upside of Divorce and It Can Be Your Second Chance at Life! and You Can Make It a Happier and More Enjoyable Life Too, But Don't Ever Tell Your Church Minister That!"

Brian Daniel

No comments: