Sunday, February 13, 2011

Those Early On in Divorce or Separation Can Be Desperate for Help

I was emailing a young mother who has just separated and will be divorcing her husband of ten years or so. I try and help these people a bit only because they need real assurance that all is not lost forever. I remember the deperate hours and days in those first weeks and months.

She felt very alone, was depressed and was desperate about what will happen to her and her three yound children. She has some family and friends to support her now which is good.

She, like me, is searching for some hope that things will work out while suffering with all the negative issues which are there early on.

I quickly tried to assure her that she is not alone and many of us can help with books, articles, email chat forums and so on. These will help her see that millions of people have these same problems that she does.

I pointed her to the positive ways that she can can handle the negative issues and how to get a new routine going day to day.

It will be up to her to decide what upsides she can find and use later on in her move on past divorce. I am hopeful that she will make it through divorce.

Brian Daniel

No comments: