Saturday, February 5, 2011

Divorce/Separation AND Self Published Books do have Handicaps!

In your divorce or separation, do you feel you have "handicaps" that work against you? Self Published authors have handicaps too!

Like most new authors, I wanted my book to be published, but got back forty two rejection letters from forty two publishers. These are similar, and less devestating of course, than the constant repeating problems you may find in divorce or separation.

But I didn't give up. My Book was finally self published with BookSurge, a division of Amazon. I learned about self help books and did the text and page layouts by myself and my son did the front and back covers for my low budget self publishing.

Bookstores, I also found, did not want self published books. So, there was no chance for me to get a selling spot in my hometown Borders and Barnes&Noble as a local author. That was another handicap, but I did some personal selling in a grocery store, put some books in small local stores and learned to sell on Craigslist to increase my sales.

BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT MY SELF PUBLISHED BOOK IS NOT POOR QUALITY!
I HAVE RECEIVED ONLY GOOD REVIEWS SO FAR WITH NOT ONE BAD REVIEW EVER!

Additionally, I have traced my selling against another new author with a similar title who was published, and with a newer book than mine. However, I was very satisfied to find that I sold many more books in my first year on Amazon and that I continue to sell twice as many books as the new competitor there too.

I appreciate all of my buyers who may or may not know I am self published and am happy and proud to provide them with a VERY GOOD product!

So, you see handicaps in book publishing can be overcomed!
So too can you overcome the many "handicaps" you find in your divorce or separation. Don't get disappointed; with a positive attitude you can do better.

My book can help you to overcome those handicaps of your divorce or separation and will also show you the many postive ways to live a happier and more enjoyable life.

Brian Daniel

No comments: